Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I be motivated to exercise rather than spending time on the computer?

such as being on ByeDR.com :p :) ?
Answer:
You should start by playing your favourite music on the computer and just start with some cans of food with your arms and then you can do sit-ups and pushups to the music, which means you do the excercise when you want to. Get into some fast beat metal or a genre of music that u like.
you are exercising your brain and your fingers. so don't worry stay here and stay fat with us. :)
Like "Nike" says-just do it
I'll be right here when the answers start coming in...But serious, set a timer next to your PC. What ever amount of time you want to allow yourself on here, set it, and when it goes off it's time to say ba-bye!
Try to get your exercise done before you turn on the computer.
Find a friend who is interested in exercise too
go down to your local retirement homes and see some of those people.
look in the mirror? r u happy bout ur size? if not, thats ur motivation. if u r happy %26 wanna keep fit then theres ur motivation. tell urself ur not allowed computer time till after u workout! best of luck!
I'm always finding time to exercise. It's not a matter of willpower, but a matter of life and death for me.I have no choice in what I have to do.
well it all depends if ur eating when bored and on the computer! but if ur just drinking water or something else and sitting here and typing then its a good thing ! u cant try to workout before being on the computer that way ur more tired and will feel like resting then being on the computer!
set goals for yourself and force yourself to do it - every time you spend 15 minutes/half hour on the computer - make yourself walk for 10/20 minutes etc...................i used a pedometer to track my steps for 3 weeks - i work 3 or 4 12 hour shifts a week on the same day - so on those days my steps were really high - the weekends thanks to the computer they were not so high. by the fourth week, i made myself goals. i took an average for each day then added 200 steps to the goal. By 11 each night or an hour before I'm going to sleep (on work nights) i see how close i am to my goal. if i have not met it, i have to walk til i have or until the day ends..
you need to pick a time during the day that is good for you a give your self 30 minutes to start out with and go for a walk or do some aerobics something physical and do that at the same time everyday and it will soon become a force of habit to you pick some reason why you need to get off your butt and do it its a mental game keep telling your self get up and go running for 30 minutes at this time you have to do it keep telling yourself remind yourself%26gt;
Fix a Mirror in a suitable position such that you can watch yourself while you are spending the time before your computer. Your image in the mirror will motivate you to exercise. Also spend more time browsing the sites that deals with health, fitness, exercise and like rather than sites that deals with recipes, hotels, resuarants, etc.
I get motivated by listening to music that will motivate me to workout,but I also just kick my self in the butt to go to the gym once I'm there I have fun working out and the people there at the gym is like family,just being there I get motivated.Plus when I workout it helps me to release my stress and I usually feel a lot better.And I think your fine just the way you are. But never neglect exercising it's healthy for you.
Honestly....get a treadmill. Its one of the best pieces of equipment I've ever purchased. I use mine every day for around 20-30 minutes, often at night after work, whilst watching TV or listening to the radio. You do not need to register for a gym, and you cannot use bad weather as an excuse not to exercise.. Yearly gym fees alone are probably half the cost of the treadmill anyway. When I first started, I could scarcely manage 2Km in 20 minutes. Now I can jog for at least 500m without getting tired. I could not even do that when I was a kid.. Exercising improves your mental state (makes you feel happier), and gives you more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net