Sunday, October 25, 2009

HFCS withdrawal? I am making healthy diet changes; yet I have a headache, which is very rare for me.?

I still eat similar food that I always have, but I have made substitutions. Instead of Oreo's I will have Newman O's. I have cut out anything containing hydrogenated oils, MSG, and high fructose corn syrup. In the morning, I used to eat a slice of bread that contains HFCS; however, this morning I had organic oatmeal instead. Now I have a slight headache. I almost never get headaches. Is there a such thing as withdrawal from HFCS?
Answer:
It sounds like you麓re having sugar withdrawal. It will go away as soon as your body gets used to eating healthy.
Is one of your healthy diet changes giving up caffeine? Headaches are an almost universal symptom of caffeine withdrawal.
Making changes to your diet can have some uncomfortable but temporary effects. Some foods require a little more water to be digested properly, I'm not saying drink MORE water , but try to REPLACE whatever you are drinking WITH water. I would get headaches sometimes, I would just drink two glasses of water and wait. Dehydration can cause headaches and nausea, a hangover is dehydration. Be careful with the water though, try to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, you shouldnt need more than that, unless your running a marathon in Kenya.
If you JUST started with your new diet... like within the last hour, then it might be plausible but really unlikely. If you modified your diet, say a day or more ago, then I would say no way. Something else gave you your headache.
You're having Oreo withdrawal. Did you think Oreos were considered food? They are junk. I wouldn't worry about MSG unless you are the one adding it to foods. Very little food has MSG in it unless you shop at an oriental market. Eat three healthy meals with per day and exercise regularly. As for hfcs check out this site. http://www.hfcsfacts.com/percapitaconsum...
Unlikely its HFCS. More likely something else went away with your diet change that you arent aware of. Although you didn't mention caffeine, that would be an obvious guess, as a previous answer suggested. Maybe soft drinks? A lot of them contain caffeine as well as HFCS. If you cut them out....I've known people to get headaches with low blood sugar, but going to the lower glycemic foods should make that better not worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net