Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hitting a wall with training?

I have been jogging and strength training for over 9 weeks now. I had been doing approximately 6 miles a day; 5 days a week. I had built up my pace and endurance up to this point. In the last week I have been unable to keep up my momentum. I have found it more difficult to make it through the jog, sometimes not completing the miles. Not sure if its lack of motivation, not concentrating on breathing, or tiredness. Any advice? I like to jog. Would like to continue.
Answer:
I agree with Mr. Dan. Usually, when I have periods of intense training, I tend to start feeling tired and less energized. I feel slow, sometimes sore, and even out of breath at times, and tend to make stops during the run. Take a few days off from running, it will definitely help. I don't know how much strength training you've been doing, but lifting weights every second day is usually the best option.You're at a point in your training schedule where you've reached very high levels of endurance, strength and stamina. If you want to go any further, you'd probably have to increase your mileage or training intensity. It all depends on where you're going with this. If you're just doing it for yourself, I'd suggest you stick to the training schedule you're on right now. It sounds like you're really into this and want to continue. Good for you! I actually admire your will power to stick to this rigorous training plan.
You've been doing it for about 2 months..5 days a week. I recommend you take a week off to let your body rest. After that..you'll be energized again.Another thing you can do it switch to interval training for a little bit for a change in cardio exercise
maybe your overdoing it, maybe your burned out already. sometimes people don't either eat enough or eat the right type of foods to give them the energy to keep up with the pace. if it's a lack of eating because of weight issue or building to much mass, then re-adjust. there are several factors and looks like your not focused on anything in particular so I'd take a closer look at what your doing with the breathing and whats your real motivation and are you just simply overdoing something. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net