Saturday, October 31, 2009

How can I achieve my weight goal and stay at that weight?

I am a 24 year old female. I currently weigh 126 lbs. I am 5'3''. My goal weight is 110. I know that I could quickly get to my goal weight by starving myself and exercising like crazy, but I don't want to do it in an unhealthy way. I want a 'lifestyle' not a 'diet'. How can I reach my goal?
Answer:
On Feb 1, 2007 I was 230 Lbs. I am a male at 5'9" in height. I changed my diet to 6 small meals a day. I eat every 3 hours starting at 7 am with my biggest meal for breakfast about 500 calories then about 350 calories for second meal and decreasing about 50 calories per meal from there. I get a workout IMMEDIATELY BEFORE breakfast, this kickstarts my metabolism, and then I usually eat an apple then oatmeal with whole grain bread and milk. The oatmeal is digested SLOWLY so my boosted metabolism causes my body to digest my bodyfat (at least thats what I've been reading). I incorporate alot of vegetables into my meals, it helps to satisfy my hunger without excess calories, plus they have vitamins galore. Talking about excess calories, I cut out fruit juices, soda, or any liquids other than water and milk. Fruit juices and soda usually contain alot of sugar I find, which your body will use to fuel your body, instead of digesting your food into glucose(sugar), your body will store it as fat. I try to do something anything that will cause me to burn calories, exercise, housework sometimes shadowboxing or exercycling, anything before I eat, this keeps my metabolism up to speed. Planning your meals is important and don't prepare too much food or you might eat it all, a lesson I learned my first week. Self control and planning are critical. It is now March 6, 2007 I weigh 211Lbs, 19 pounds I lost , I still can't believe how easy it is really. 19 pounds shed in 34 days. I feel great , I look so different. People say my skin is so much brighter and I look different and that makes me feel good. I am full of energy and I am so much happier so I must be healthy. Veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean meats and WATER. I am lactose intolerant so I dont get much dairy, just enough milk to get some calcium. Its important to eat, as eating increases your metabolism as well. I must add that my weight loss wasn't immediately apparent as I was gaining muscle mass when I started working out. Muscle is heavier than fat and more muscle means more calories burning throughout the day. Also, less sodium in my diet meant my body shed excess water as well. Don't eat out of a can and don't drink out of a can. Canned foods are usually high in sodium and/or sugar. I didn't have to buy anything special I'm actually saving alot of money, the healthier foods cost far less and tapwater is cheap.(well my water bill is 100 dollars every three months so I'm gonna start drinking the stuff instead of just flushing it down the toilet). Fasting will reduce your metabolism and the amount of sodium in your body, and you will drop weight fast but its all water weight which you gain right back plus more when you start eating again because your metabolism is so low. I wasn't even working out as hard as I could have been, but now that I see how much weight I lost so effortlessly I cranked up my workout routine and I noticed my weight loss slowed down alittle but my girlfriend noticed my muscles are more visible and are getting bigger now. Big Smile on my face.
There is no 1 magic thing that will make the excess weight fall off and stay off, it's a combination of many things. Essentially it is a way of living.Don't buy Herba-anything they just want to make money off people like us-people who want to lose weight-there are millions of us, thus they see a market for millions of dollars.Never starve yourself not even for a day, it's very unhealthy. The only reason you lose "weight" is because your body is cannibalising itself and shedding excess water.I stuck a full length mirror on the wall next to the door that leads to my kitchen, I look at my self and I see that this works and it puts a smile on my face, then when I go eat I have control and enthusiasm to continue this new lifestyle. Sometimes I feel like I'm eating too much, but as long as I stick to my calorie count for the meal the pounds just seem to melt away. I weigh myself every morning before eating and after I use the bathroom, this helps to get a consistant bodyweight and the numbers are always smaller than the day before :)
I also created a chart that has the food groups on it and I put a checkmark in the appropriate box for each meal that I eat, for example I just had a peanutbutter sandwich with 250 ml of skim milk so I put 1 check in the Grains, 1 check in the Milk or alternatives and 1 check in the Meat or alternatives. This is extremely helpful in planning my next meal.
i am on herbalife. i have lost 46 lbs in a month and a half. i have a tone of energy and i am never hungery. if you would like to know more please write me at krissloan@sbcglobal.net
if losing some pounds of any description and inches is what you want then I would suggest you use a diet that is all natural and is rich in protein and vitamins. I used a protein based diet with Herbalife after a friend who had lost weight recommended it to me. All the way through you feel great and energized, you also get great coaching and support along the way. The people are very friendly and gave me lots of great advice. I needed to lose 40 pounds and I did so fairly easily. There is no pressure and they will even send you a load of free samples so you can try before you buy. The samples were the thing that initially convinced me that this was the right path to choose. The products really work and you feel great whilst losing weight. You also a get e free complete health consultation with the samples, I think I just paid the postage, but for what I got it was well worth it.
I lost all my weight in less than four months and they have helped me to keep it off. I would definitely recommend using them. The owners will advise you on what to purchase depending on what you want to lose, my sister did this also and lost 76 pounds in less than five months. The website is www.myhealthabc.com. You just leave your details and they call you up, I would suggest that if you aren鈥檛 sure or don鈥檛 want someone to ring you then go to their main site www.myhealthabcmall.com and you can see all the products and packages. This is what I did before I went to the first site and left my details so they could contact me. You can see with all the products and detail they have, so you know that they mean business. Its nice to have contact with real people who care about you losing weight and improving your health. I know that I will continue to keep the weight off with the help I have received. I hope this helps.
Hi. There are many ways to reach your goal.The most important thing to do is watch your calories. You should never eat less than 1,200 calories a day.Another very important thing you need to do is 20-60 min of cardiovascular or some kind of physical activity 3-5 times a week. Even if it is walking around your block, exercise is a good way to burn off excess calories and get your metabolism going.Watch what you eat and make smart choices. Instead of reaching for a chocolate chip cookie, eat something healthy instead! You can still have some of your favorite foods, but you need to eat very small servings of your favorite foods if they are fatty. There is no need for more calories than your body needs. Cut back on things like high calorie sodas, coffee, and sugar.While losing weight, you do not want to make yourself too full. Your stomach should feel satisfied, but not stuffed.It is important to eat fresh fruit and vegetables at each meal. Not only do they fill you up, but they provide fiber and essential nutrients.You can make a plan of a diet or a chart that would work for you.Go to the grocery store and look at brands that are low-calorie or low in fat. Start to buy those low-calorie foods instead of the ones with high fat and calories. For example, buy skim milk instead of whole milk. Keep your refrigerator stocked with things like grapes, carrots, celery, and low-fat yogurt. When you are hungry, reach for those foods over the ones that you know are bad for you.Look at websites like www.dietbites.com for more tips.It is also important to not go on a crash diet, like the grapefruit or all-liquid diet. You will lose the weight very quickly, but then you will gain the weight back almost as quickly as you lost it. You have to stay active and keep eating healthily to keep the weight off.Do not give up! Think about how good you will look. Remain positive the entire time. If you mess up, move on. Just keep working towards your goal.
Good for you for not trying to get a quick fix with a crash diet! Someone on ByeDR.com recently introduced me to www.sparkpeople.com which is a completely free online guide to a healthy eating and lifestyle plan. I have been on it a week and feel so much better about the whole weight-loss process. Things don't feel so daunting anymore.
I'm 23 and I find it good for my age and stage of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net